Weekend Recipe: Charmed Tomatoes with Fried Eggs on Garlic Toast
Posted in: FOOD
Did you know that when you cook tomatoes in a healthy fat like olive oil, you lower the risk of a heart disease? This “Charmed Tomatoes with Fried Eggs on Garlic Toast” is just what you need to start a healthy breakfast routine. It’s not only juicy and savory, but this recipe also makes for a delicious snack or dinner. Just serve it with soup or a small salad, and you're going to enjoy the crunchy but healthy toast. See ingredients and method below:
- 4 slices rustic bread, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 4 large eggs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 small tomatoes, such as cocktail or Campari, halved
- Brush the toasted bread with oil and rub it with garlic. Prepare the oil and heat it in a large, heavy skillet (preferably cast-iron) over a medium heat.
- Next, crack the egg into the skillet and cook until the whites are set, 2 to 3 minutes. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate.
- After transferring the eggs to a plate, increase the heat to medium-high. Prepare the tomatoes and brush cut sides with oil. Sear the tomatoes, cut sides down until charred within 3 to 4 minutes.
- Using a spatula, transfer the 2 tomato halves to each piece of toast and lightly mash. Again, season with salt and pepper top it off with fried eggs.
- Easy peasy, right?
Image: TheGlitterGuide | MYC Writer: Elonah Jade BionedaSubscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles