Weekend Healthy Breakfast: Treat Yourself to Some Carrot Cake Oatmeal
Posted in: DIET
The ideal weekend breakfast is probably a balance between a little bit of indulgence and something that will give you a healthy energy boost for what lies ahead. With that in mind, let's say hello to a smashing carrot cake oatmeal recipe. This is a real treat but it also packs in the nutrients and energy you need for a busy weekend.
- Two and a quarter cups of rolled oats
- One a half teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- One a half teaspoons of baking powder
- A quarter teaspoon of fine grain sea salt
- One a half cups of shredded carrots
- Two and a half cups of unsweetened almond milk
- A third of a cup of maple syrup
- Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
- One a half teaspoons of freshly grated ginger
- A quarter cup of raisins
- One a half cups of chopped walnut halves
- You need to start off by preheating your oven to 190 C or 375F. Lightly grease a casserole dish.
- Then mix together the cinnamon, oats, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl mix together the carrot, almond milk, vanilla, syrup and ginger. Now mix together the contents of both bowls.
- Pour everything into the casserole dish you prepared earlier and smooth the mix out using a spoon. Press down on the oatmeal so that they sink into the rest of the mixture.
- Sprinkle the walnuts and raisins on top and then press down again.
- Bake the mixture for around 35 minutes without covering it. It is ready when you see that the edge is starting to turn a light golden color. The oatmeal might look soft and a little bit wet when you take it out but it will firm up while it cools.
- Allow it to cool for 10 minutes. You can then serve it with toppings such as maple syrup or yogurt.
Image via Oh She Glows
Written by MYC ContributorPosted in:Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles