Weekend Healthy Breakfast: Treat Yourself to Some Carrot Cake Oatmeal
Posted in: Wellbeing
The ideal weekend breakfast is probably a balance between a little bit of indulgence and something that will give you a healthy energy boost for what lies ahead. With that in mind, let's say hello to a smashing carrot cake oatmeal recipe. This is a real treat but it also packs in the nutrients and energy you need for a busy weekend.
- Two and a quarter cups of rolled oats
- One a half teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- One a half teaspoons of baking powder
- A quarter teaspoon of fine grain sea salt
- One a half cups of shredded carrots
- Two and a half cups of unsweetened almond milk
- A third of a cup of maple syrup
- Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
- One a half teaspoons of freshly grated ginger
- A quarter cup of raisins
- One a half cups of chopped walnut halves
- You need to start off by preheating your oven to 190 C or 375F. Lightly grease a casserole dish.
- Then mix together the cinnamon, oats, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl mix together the carrot, almond milk, vanilla, syrup and ginger. Now mix together the contents of both bowls.
- Pour everything into the casserole dish you prepared earlier and smooth the mix out using a spoon. Press down on the oatmeal so that they sink into the rest of the mixture.
- Sprinkle the walnuts and raisins on top and then press down again.
- Bake the mixture for around 35 minutes without covering it. It is ready when you see that the edge is starting to turn a light golden color. The oatmeal might look soft and a little bit wet when you take it out but it will firm up while it cools.
- Allow it to cool for 10 minutes. You can then serve it with toppings such as maple syrup or yogurt.
Image via Oh She Glows
Written by MYC ContributorSubscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles