The Week That Was: 8/7/2016
Posted in: NEW BULLETIN
It’s been two weeks since the EU referendum, but supporters of the Stay campaign cannot contain their resentment over Brexit. So thousands marched through London protesting the results of the vote.
After Prime Minister announced he will step down in October, many are wondering who is the most likely candidacy to become Prime Minister after Brexit.
Meanwhile, there was police shooting in the United States, as a result of which a black man died. Amid the migrant crisis in Europe, a six-foot man managed to fit himself into a suitcase to cross Italy-Switzerland border.
In Brexit aftermath, UK shares slowly recover after a 31-year-low it experienced a day after Brexit. Good news for those who have dreamed of London holidays: London vacations are now as cheap as ever.
- Thousands march in London protesting Brexit.
- Who’s likely to become Prime Minister after Brexit?
- Tony Blair thinks world is better after Iraq War.
- Black man dies in police shooting in U.S.
- U.S. Presidential Election: Polls odds.
- Six-foot man tried to cross Italy-Switzerland border inside a suitcase.
- London vacations are as cheap as ever.
- UK shares slowly rise after a 31-year low.
- U.K. market for commercial property faces severe Brexit aftermath.
- Cristiano Ronaldo takes its Portugal into Euro 2016 final.
- Lionel Messi avoids prison with 21-month sentence.
- Wimbledon 2016: Serena and Venus to hold all-Williams final.
- Official: new Iron Man is 15-year-old black girl.
- Game of Thrones Season 7 delayed.
- Chris Evans quits Top Gear after one season.
- Manchester City sign first eSports player.
- Mobile films and porn sites face fines.
- Brexit is blamed for price rises on tech products.
THIS TIME IN HISTORY
- July 8: in 1951, Paris celebrated its 2,000th birthday.
- July 6: in 1957, Althea Gibson became first African American to win Wimbledon.
- July 5: in 1946, bikini was unveiled by French designer Louis Reard.
Image Courtesy: REUTERS/Neil Hall, Leila Navidi / AP, Rajat Gupta/EPA | MYC Bulletin Writer: Polina Tikhonova