Vegetable Pasta Bake
Posted in: RECIPE
We all love pasta and when it comes in one bowl baked in the oven, it becomes too delicious to resist. This is a vegetarian version of pasta bake and I use button mushrooms with veggies like broccoli, spinach and pumpkin. You can, of course, add your choice of veggies. See ingredients and method below:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Yields: Makes 6 Servings
Recipe Type: Main Course
- 200g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 400g Barilla penne rigate dried pasta
- 380g broccoli, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 160g baby spinach leaves
- 2 leeks, trimmed, finely chopped
- 400g butternut pumpkin
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Ingredients (Low-fat cheese sauce):
- 240g (1 cup) fresh ricotta
- 35g (1/4 cup) corn-flour
- 560ml (2 1/4 cups) low-fat milk
- 120g (1 1/2 cups) shredded light tasty cheese
1. In a large pot bring the water to a boil.
2. Add a pinch of salt to it and add in the pasta.
3. Cover with lid and cook for 8 minutes.
4. When done, drain and set aside for now.
5. In a pan heat the oil over medium heat and fry the leek, thyme, and garlic for about 4 minutes.
6. Turn the heat to high and fry the mushrooms, pumpkin and broccoli to it.
7. Toss for about 5-8 minutes.
8. Finally add in the spinach and adjust the seasoning.
9. Take off the heat.
10. For the sauce, pour half the milk into a pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
11. Mix the corn flour with the rest of the milk and pour into the mixture.
12. Simmer for 10 minutes and add in half of the cheese.
13. Season using salt and pepper.
14. Add the veggie mix into a baking dish.
15. Pour the sauce on top and the remaining cheese.
16. Cover using aluminum foil.
17. Bake for nearly 40 minutes over 200C/400F.
18. Take the foil off and bake for another 15 minutes.
Images:HonestCooking, Taste.com.au, food.ninemsn.com.au | MYC Writer: Romana S.Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles