Vegan Victoria Sponge Recipe
Posted in: RECIPE
When you’re vegan, it is quite difficult to find desserts that will not compromise your delicate tastebuds. Luckily, you have chefs like Jamie Oliver that comes up with wonderful and tasty dessert recipes that follow the vegan criteria well. This "Vegan Victoria Sponge" dessert will only take you about 20 minutes to make but can yield you with about 12 servings. If you're dying to whip it out yourself, then see ingredients and method below:
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yields: Makes 12 Servings
- 300 g dairy-free margarine
- Vanilla extract to taste
- 300 g gluten-free plain flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- Zest of 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 300 g golden caster sugar
- 200 g soya yogurt
- Optional: rice milk
For the filling:
- 100 g dairy-free margarine
- 200 g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 100 g fresh raspberries
- 4 tablespoons raspberry jam
- Start with preheating your oven to 375ºF.
- Grease your cake pans using margarine. In this case, you need two 20 cm round pans.
- Combine the sugar with margarine into a mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla and lemon zest to the mixture and mix well.
- In another bowl, sieve your plain flour with xantham gum and baking soda.
- Combine the flour with the margarine mixture.
- Pour some rice milk to it to make it a little runny.
- Make sure there are no lumps in your batter.
- Now pour the batter into the greased pans.
- Bake for nearly 20 minutes.
- To prepare the butter icing, start with sieving the sugar into a bowl.
- Add margarine to it. Beat until you get a fine smooth frosting.
- Let the cake cool down before you start adding the frosting.
- Now place one cake on your cake stand and spread the frosting generously.
- Add the berries on top. Top with another layer of cake.
- Dust some icing sugar on top and finish with a raspberry on top.
Image via RealFood.com
MYC Writer Romana S.Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles