Posted in: FOOD
A super simple side dish to serve aside grilled fish, chicken or even steak. It tastes very good and it takes less than 20 minutes to prepare. Classic Jamie Olive Kitchen Hacks!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yields: Makes 6 Servings
250 g couscous
1 medium cucumber, chopped
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Sea salt to taste
½ bunch of fresh coriander, leaves picked
1 tablespoon tomato purée
1 medium red onion, peeled
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
freshly ground black pepper
1 fresh red chili, chopped
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 bunch of fresh mint, leaves picked
½ un-waxed lemon, zest and juice from
1. In a bowl, add the couscous with paprika, cumin and sea salt.
2. Combine well and mix with 300 ml of water into a pot.
3. Add the couscous and bring it to a boil.
4. It would take about 10 minutes. Drain well.
5. Chop all the green herbs.
6. Transfer the couscous into a bowl and mix with tomato puree.
7. Add the vegetables and the green herbs to the mixture.
8. Add the chili, lemon zest, lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper to it.
9. Mix well and serve along a main dish.
Image: ThePetiteCook | MYC Writer: Romana S.Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles