Try This: Arugula Breakfast Salad for Your Morning Meal
Posted in: FOOD
Craving for something crisp and healthy to eat in the morning -- especially if you’ve had one to many wine the night before? Try making this Arugula Breakfast Salad for a quick boost to your system. You may think that salad isn't really slightly appropriate for a morning meal, but trust that this will be the most satisfying and savory breakfast you can easily throw together when you’re in a rush to get ready for work. See ingredients and instructions below:
- 2 large eggs
- 3-4 cups baby arugula
- 4-5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 oz. shaved parmigiano reggiano
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, pasted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Add sliced almond to a baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes or until golden and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare a small bowl with ice water. In a medium saucepan, bring 4-5 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, carefully add eggs (making sure they are completely covered with water), then boil for exactly six minutes. Remove from heat and add to an ice bath.
- In a small jar or bowl, whisk together first four dressing ingredients. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking while you pour. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add arugula, radishes, cooled + sliced almonds, and shaved parmesan. Dress greens, using your hands to coat well. Add (carefully) shelled soft boiled eggs to top, and enjoy!
Image: CamilleStyles | MYC Writer: Elonah BionedaSubscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles