Thomas Keller’s Smoked Salmon Crisps
Posted in: RECIPE
This is a Thomas Keller Special appetizer that would make your tummy full before you get to your main course! It is super simple and takes less than 40 minutes to prepare. See ingredients and method below:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yields: Makes 6 Servings
- 4 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 chilled large egg white
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons very finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 4 ounces sliced smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons very finely chopped shallot
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
1. Start with preheating the oven to 400°.
2. Place parchment paper on 2 baking sheets.
3. Combine the flour with sugar into a bowl. Sprinkle some salt to it.
4. Throw in the egg white and whisk until you get a smooth mixture.
5. Add in the butter and whisk well.
6. Make sure the texture is creamy.
7. Spread the batter into 2 inch rounds onto the parchment paper, make sure to has 3 inch gap in between each.
8. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
9. Bake for nearly 15 minutes or until they become golden.
10. In another bowl, combine shallot, chives, lemon zest and pepper.
11. Add the salmon to it and place on the other baking sheet.
12. Bake for nearly 15 minutes.
13. Serve the salmon on top of the tuiles, add the crème fraiche on top. You can garnish further with chives.
Image: FoodAndwine | MYC Writer: Romana S.Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles