Summer Fling: A Lemon Slice Cocktail
Posted in: FOOD
Looking for a refreshing, new drink to wow your guests the next time they come over for a fancy dinner at your house? Give them something to lust and linger with this "Lemon Drop Cocktail" drink that’s perfect for get togethers and parties. It's not only a healthy option that will eventually help you slim down, but it's appropriate for the season, too! Lemons have been back at it with a vengeance this summer, and it’s already making rounds in some soirees and beach parties. Let this cocktail recipe excite your taste buds:
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz Gin
- 1 oz lemon floral water
- 1 sugar cube
- Lemon slices and edible flower tops for garnish
1. Make the lemon floral water by combining 3 cups of water with sliced lemons and a handful of edible flowers in a large pitcher.
2. Cover the pitcher and allow to sit for 2-4 hours before adding it to the cocktails. This allows enough time for the water to take on the taste of the lemons and the floral notes of the flowers, for a subtle sip that is great in the cocktail or on its own.
3. Mix the first four ingredients in a cocktail shaker or mason jar fitted with lid. Shake with ice. Strain into the glass and add one thin sliced lemon and a couple flower tops to garnish.
4. For a virgin lemon drop cocktail option – serve the infused water with a splash of club soda and top with the lemon and flower drink garnish. The infused water is so good, you’ll hardly even miss the gin.
Image via Dylan & Sara of Stocksy United
Recipe by A Subtle Revelry
Written by Elonah Jade BionedaSubscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles