Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese Recipe
Posted in: RECIPE
Craving for sandwich this season? Try this "Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese" recipe from Taste Spotting which is fairly simple to make if you’re rushing in for work, or still have errands to do. Just like your normal grilled cheese recipe, it contains a mouthful of mozzarella cheese plus a hint of Monterrey jack and provolone. But what makes this special is the fact that it’s healthy for anyone looking to tone down this season. Spinach, anybody? See ingredients and method below:
- Fresh spinach – enough for about 3 cups chopped
- Canned artichoke hearts – about 3 (around 6 ounces)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese (we used a blend of mozzarella, Monterrey jack and provolone) 4 pieces bread
- Kosher salt
- Butter (or more olive oil)
1. To start, chop the artichokes and dice the 2 cloves of garlic. Then wash and stem the the spinach and chop it coarsely.
2. In a skillet, heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add some garlic. Saute it for about 30 seconds and then add the spinach and a pinch of kosher salt.
3. As you continue to saute, add the artichokes until mixture is heated through.
4. Drain any liquid that is still present in the pan and stir in 2 tablespoons of sour cream and add another pinch of kosher salt.
5. The next step is to spread the butter (or olive oil) on one side of each of the 4 bread pieces you're going to use for the recipe.
6. Using a griddle pan, heat it to a medium high and place 2 pieces of bread with the buttered part facing down.
7. On each piece of the bread, spread some shredded cheese, artichoke filling and some more cheese if you like. Then do it with the other piece of bread.
8. On the pan, flip the sandwich until it is toasted and the cheese is seen melted inside.
Image: Slender Kitchen | MYC Writer: Elonah BionedaSubscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles