Spaghettini with Clams and Cherry Tomato
Posted in: RECIPE
This classic Italian cuisine is going to be your next pasta favourite. Brim with a flavourful aroma, you can almost feel like you are in Italy yourself. Pair it with a good bottle of wine. See ingredients and method below:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yields: Makes 6 Servings
Recipe Type: Main Course
- 500g clams, cleaned
- 400g Barilla Spaghettini
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chili, seeded, finely chopped
- ¼ chopped parsley
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar Barilla Basilico sauce
1. In a pot cook the pasta with salted water.
2. Once done, drain and pour cold water on top.
3. In a pan heat the olive oil and fry the onion for 3 minutes.
4. Add in the chili with the garlic and fry for a minute.
5. Add in the tomatoes and the cleaned clams to the pan.
6. Turn the heat to high and cover with lid.
7. Cook for about 2 minutes only.
8. Pour in the wine and cover again, cook until the clams open up.
9. Sprinkle half of the parsley on top.
10. Take the pan off the heat and let it cool a bit.
11. Remove the clams and get rid of the empty shells.
12. Pour in the sauce and simmer for about 2 minutes.
13. Stir in the pasta and mix for 3 minutes.
14. Add the rest of the parsley on top. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil on top.
Image: ItalianFoodFever.com | MYC Writer: Romana S.Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles