Salad Recipe: Fingerling Potato Salad With Pea Sprouts
Posted in: FITNESS
Are you craving for potatoes in the morning? This week’s salad recipe involves some fingerling potatoes and pea sprouts, and is especially made with vegan mayonnaise. A perfect meal for people who are opting for a gluten-free and dairy-free diet. This healthy recipe can be had as a side salad for dinner, and can also be used for sandwich filling the next day. It’s easy to serve and can make for an entertaining delicacy for guests. See ingredients and method below:
- 2 1/2 cups of cubed fingerling potatoes (preferably the purple, red, and white variety!)
- 3/4 cup finely-chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons of high quality whole grain mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- pea sprouts
- The first thing you need to do is to bring a pot of water to a medium boil.
- Before adding to boiling water, you will need to cut the potatoes into bite-sized cubes and then cook for 4-5 minutes. You can decide to cook longer depending on the size of your potato cubes. At this point, you can test for overcooking by sticking a fork into the cubes. Should they pierce easily, you know you've overcooked them!
- After cooking, you will need to drain the potatoes and place in a serving bowl. Refrigerate your cooked cubes until ready to serve.
- Chop or mince some red onion into small bits that you can manage. When the potatoes have finally cooled, you will then add some vegan mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, red onion and salt.
- Mix well and serve the finished product on a bed of pea sprouts dabbed with fresh cracked pepper.
Method (Sandwich Filling):
- A short method for sandwich filling would be to fill inside with a nice rye/wholewheat seeded bread.
Image & recipe via TheGlitterGuide.com
Written by Elonah Jade BionedaPosted in:Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles