Recipe: Lebanese Bulgur
Posted in: FOOD
Today's recipe is definitely a treat for the veggie lovers out there. Typically a Lebanese and Syrian mountain-dwelling type of dish, this "Lebanese Bulgur" recipe has become a favourite of city dwellers as well. Tasty and heartily delicious, this dish makes for an extra dose of special serving in the kitchen. No better way than to top it off with tomato. See ingredients and method below:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Yields: Makes 4 Servings
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- 1 1⁄2cups hot vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. In a pan heat the oil and fry the onions and garlic for about 3 minutes.
2. Add in the tomatoes with basil and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Throw in the bulgur to the pan and mix well.
4. Pour the broth in and bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes and add all the spices.
6. Add the tomato paste and the honey.
7. Mix well and cook with the lid on for about 25 minutes.
8. Take the pan off the heat and let it stand for about 10 minutes.
9. Then add the parsley and serve hot.
Image: CookWithAttitude.com | MYC Writer: Romana S.Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles