Pheasant with Mushroom Sauce
Posted in: FOOD
Pheasant is such a delicate poultry item that needs special care to prepare, and who is better than the professionals? Marco Pierre White turns this simple recipe into a foodies delight!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yields: Makes 4 Servings
- 1 banana shallot, chopped
- 4 pheasant breasts, halved
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 15g butter
- 200g wild mushrooms
- 50ml Armagnac
- 200ml double cream
- A few sprigs of fresh parsley
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 100ml Madeira
1. Dice the pheasant into medium pieces.
2. In a pan heat the oil and fry the pheasant for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer them into a plate and keep them warm.
4. Pour in the Armagnac and deglaze it.
5. Let the brandy evaporate and stir in the mushroom.
6. Toss for 2 minutes and add the Madeira.
7. Add in the double cream and bring it to a boil.
8. Add the chicken stock and stir until it dissolves.
9. Reduce the thickness by half and place the pheasant into your serving plate.
10. Pour generous amount of the mushroom sauce over the pheasant.
11. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Image: SydneGeorge | MYC Writer: Romana S.Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles