News Bulletin: 28/8/2015
Posted in: NEW BULLETIN
This week made the whole world follow global stock markets over fears of upcoming financial crisis similar to 2008. And while the situation has somewhat calmed down, it’s still unclear how the markets are going to react to China’s recent shifts in economy. Meanwhile, UK announces new efforts to counter illegal employment. This week, a tragic event took place on American television. Two U.S journalists were shot dead during a live TV report.
- People who work illegally in England and Wales to face up to six months in jail, according to the forthcoming Immigration Bill.
- Number of drug-related deaths in Scotland has skyrocketed to its highest level.
- Corbyn is accused of teaming up with racists and neo-Nazis.
- American TV reporter and her cameraman were shot dead during a live TV report.
- Dozens of bodies of dead migrants were found in the back of a truck in Austria.
- Chinese prosecutors accused 11 officials of negligence that led to Tianjin deadly explosions, which killed at least 145 people.
- Global stock markets plummeted over fears of declining Chinese economy.
- Comeback on stock markets after worst drop since 2008.
- Chinese richest man Wang Jianlin buys Ironman for $650 million.
- Two Kenyan athletes failed drug tests at the World Championships in Beijing, China.
- Usain Bolt is once again unbeatable: gold medal in 200-meter sprint at the World Championships.
- MU goes to the Champions League group stages thanks to Wayne Rooney’s hat trick.
- Publisher of Fifty Shades of Grey is ordered to set aside over $10m for a woman that was defrauded out of royalties.
- Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer team up as sisters for the new movie.
- 15 TV shows all of us must watch this fall.
- Will Sony Xperia Z5 be the world’s first smartphone to feature 4K resolution screen?
- Uber's self-driving cars have become more of a reality after this announcement.
- Here’s how you can watch ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ online for free.
THE TIME IN HISTORY
- August 28: in 1996, Charles, Prince of Wales and his wife, Princess Diana, formally divorced.
- August 27: in 1883, the most powerful volcanic eruption in the history took place – Krakatau exploded.
- August 24: in 79, Mount Vesuvius erupted in southern Italy, killing thousands of people and destroying Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
Image: SPENCER PLATT / GETTY, KAZUHIRO NOGI, AFP/Getty Images | MYC Bulletin Writer: Polina TikhonovaSubscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles