News Bulletin: 18/9/2015
Posted in: NEW BULLETIN
It’s been a week of Jeremy Corbyn, no doubt about that. See how the media has covered his ‘brilliant’ speeches and questions to the Prime Minister David Cameron, while the BBC is accused in being biased against Corbyn.
Meanwhile, hundreds of migrants attack policemen at the Serbia-Hungary border, further escalating the situation with migrants and refugees – mostly from Syria – fleeing wars and poverty to the European Union.
Meanwhile, this week has been full of reports that Russia has entered the Syrian Civil War with its troops and hardware equipment, while the Kremlin refuses to confirm the reports.
- Jeremy Corbyn's ‘brilliant’ PMQs battle with Prime Minister David Cameron.
- For those who haven’t seen it yet. Highlights from Jeremy Corbyn's questions to David Cameron.
- More than 50,000 signed a petition claiming that the BBC is biased against Jeremy Corbyn.
- Migrants attack policemen at the Serbia-Hungary border.
- 1 million people have been evacuated in Chile after an 8.3-magnitude earthquake as well as tsunami alert.
- Four Russian jets have been spotted in Syria – U.S. officials.
- Britain's diesel pumps could "run dry" - RAC Foundation found.
- East of England has the fastest rising house prices.
- Numbers show that China awaits a new economic decline.
- Champions League: Roma surprises Lionel Messi by drawing the match with Barcelona.
- Champions League: Manchester United loses, while Real Madrid and PSG get 3 points.
- 2024 Olympics: Five contenders to host the Games.
- Emmys 2015: Whom do you expect to win?
- 16 funniest tweets about recent GOP debates.
- Russian prankster pranked Elton John, saying he was Vladimir Putin.
- Facebook is planning to introduce the ‘Dislike’ button.
- Ahmed, kid with clock, gets invited to the White House, NASA and Facebook.
- New Apple TV gets its release date. See the rumors!
THIS TIME IN HISTORY
- September 16: in 1932, Mahatma Gandhi began a hunger strike in protest of the British government’s decision to separate India’s electoral system by caste.
- September 15: in 1978, Muhammad Ali defeated Leon Spinks to win the world heavyweight boxing title for the third time in his career
- September 12: in 1940, 15,000- to 17,000-year-old paintings discovered in a cave in Near Montignac, France.
Image: Ben Stansall/AFP/Getty Images, Marko Djurica/Reuters | MYC Bulletin Writer: Polina TikhonovaSubscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles