Moroccan Pancakes 'Beghrir' Recipe
This traditional Moroccan pancake or Beghrir, as they call it, is an authentic variation of a pancake. It is cooked only on one side and adding the yeast helps create numerous bubbles on top; certainly looks appealing and melts in the mouth for a delicious breakfast.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yields: Makes 6-8 Servings
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
For the sauce:
- 3/4 cup honey
- 6 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp orange-flower water
1. Combine the water, yeast and sugar together into a mixing bowl.
2. Whisk well for about 5 minutes, stop when it is fluffy.
3. Add in the eggs and whisk again.
4. Add in the flour, milk, semolina, baking powder and salt to the mixture.
5. Whisk for 2 more minutes and let it sit for nearly 45 minutes.
6. In a nonstick pan pour one spoonful of batter and fry until golden at the bottom.
7. Once done transfer to a plate, make sure not to flip it.
8. Repeat with the remaining batter.
9. Make the sauce by mixing the butter, orange water and honey together into a microwave bowl.
10. Microwave for about 30 seconds.
11. Serve the Beghir with the sauce.
Image: MoroccanFood.com | MYC Writer: Romana S.Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles