Moroccan Delight: Beghir Pancake
Posted in: RECIPE
This week, we're all about craving for anything Moroccan.
Maybe it's just about the spring season that's making us want to try out different cuisines every week, and right now we're on a Moroccan food affair! With this in mind, we're sharing with you this "Moroccan Pancakes" recipe or popularly known as Beghrir which is an authentic variation of a pancake back in Morocco. It is cooked with only on one side, and by adding the yeast helps create numerous bubbles on top. It's definitely an appealing breakfast recipe that's quick and easy to make. See ingredients and method below:
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yields: Makes 6-8 Servings
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
For the sauce:
- 3/4 cup honey
- 6 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp orange-flower water
1. Combine the water, yeast and sugar together into a mixing bowl.
2. Whisk well for about 5 minutes, stop when it is fluffy.
3. Add in the eggs and whisk again.
4. Add in the flour, milk, semolina, baking powder and salt to the mixture.
5. Whisk for 2 more minutes and let it sit for nearly 45 minutes.
6. In a nonstick pan pour one spoonful of batter and fry until golden at the bottom.
7. Once done transfer to a plate, make sure not to flip it.
8. Repeat with the remaining batter.
9. Make the sauce by mixing the butter, orange water and honey together into a microwave bowl.
10. Microwave for about 30 seconds.
11. Serve the Beghir with the sauce.
Images: Telegraph.co.uk, Pinterest.com | MYC Writer: Romana S.Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles