Weekend Recipe: Meatless Vegetarian Enchiladas
Posted in: RECIPE
Go for a meatless meal this weekend by cooking up this "Vegetarian Enchiladas" recipe. This lovely Mexican food is what you need to satisfy your cravings for anything healthy and delicious. See ingredients and method below:
- A teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 chopped onions
- 280g of grated carrots
- 2-3 teaspoons of chilli powder. This can be as mild or as hot as you want it to be.
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g tins of beans or lentils in water (drained)
- 6 small wholemeal tortillas
- 200g of low-fat natural yogurt
- 50g of finely grated extra-mature cheddar cheese
- You should start by heating up the olive oil in a large frying pan. You can then cook the carrots and onions for 5 to 8 minutes until they are soft. Add a small amount of water if they stick. Now you should sprinkle over the chilli powder and cook for another minute.
- Pour in the tomatoes and the beans or lentils and bring the whole thing to the boil. Simmer on a low heat for 5 to 10 minutes until it thickens, giving it an occasional stir. Take it off the heat and season.
- Put your grill on a high heat and spread out a spoonful of the bean chill mixture in a large ovenproof dish. Put the tortillas out and add a few tablespoons of chilli to each of them. Fold them over and roll them up to seal them. Put them in the ovenproof dish and spoon the rest of the chill on top.
- Mix together the yogurt and cheese with seasoning and spoon over top. Grill for a few minutes and until the top starts to bubble and turn golden.
Images: AmbitiousKitchen.com, TheGardenGrazer.com | MYC Writer: MYC ContributorSubscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles