Makeup Essentials for Summer
Posted in: ALL BEAUTY
Summer is no excuse for not wearing make up even though you want to perfect that gorgeous tan and sun-kissed glow. Whether you’ll spend your summer break at the beach or somewhere else, promise yourself that you’ll never be caught without makeup or you might not snag that cutie you’ve met a few seconds ago. All you have to remember this season is that the less-is-more and barely there approaches are the “in” things especially when it comes to make up. Ditch your heavy foundations, dark plum lipsticks and highly pigmented blush ons as flirty flushes of corals and peaches will be your summer colors. Never hide and be at your best with these summer makeup essentials!
1. Sunscreens you’ll regret it 30 years from now!
Make it a habit to lather a rich amount of sunscreen whenever you go out to prevent skin cancer and unnecessary burning of the skin. Due to the warm weather, it’s best to skip the conventional cream and lotion types of sunscreens. Say hello to spray-on sun protection and bid goodbye to greasines. Spray-ons are light- weight and a soft mist could go a long way as it covers every inch of your porcelain-like skin.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock, Body Mist SPF 100+, £13.89
- Garnier Ambre Solaire Dry Mist SPF 20, £7.99
- Soltan Protect & Tan Ultra-Light Texture Suncare Spray SPF30, £7.00
2. Tinted moisturizers
Tinted moisturizers are your skin’s best friends during the summer as they act as a powerful 3-in-1 makeup fix. You no longer need to dab on a moisturizer, put sunscreen and thereafter apply your liquid foundation as tinted moisturizers do all these things together. Perfect for your casual summer dates, tinted moisturizers provide a light to medium coverage without the hassle of applying thick makeup foundation. What’s also best in using tinted moisturizers is that they give you a natural-looking glow.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15, £22.50
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser SPF20, £34
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Tinted Moisturiser Lotion, £6
3. Blush ons
There’s something about the summer air when girls get rid of their powder-based blush ons in favor of the cream and liquid type blushes. Blame it to the blazing heat, your powdered blusher might be kissing your sorry face in just a few minutes after you’ve stepped out of the house. Creams and gels on the other hand have more staying power come summer time as they sink on your skin unlike powders which only sit on top of your face. For an instant pop of cheek color, lean towards coral and peachy blushes for they will give you that perfect summer glow.
- Rimmel Stay Blushed! Liquid Cheek Tint in Apricot Glow, £4.49
- Bourjois Cream Blush in 02 Healthy Glow, £7.99
- Origins Pinch Your Cheeks in Coral Berry, £14
Who says you can’t wear lipsticks on summer? Truly a girl’s best friend after diamonds, lipsticks are magic wands that deliver sudden burst of colors especially now that summer is in full swing! Say goodbye to dark red and plum colors for you will not be needing them this season. Instead, invest and venture on other bright-hued colors that are making a splash during these colorful summer days. Playful pinks, radiant peaches and colorful corals will work best on you this summer.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in #12, £5.49
- M.A.C. lipstick in Vegas Volt, £21
- NARS Semi Matte lipstick in Schiap, £20
Eyeliners are classy make up products that will never ever go out of style. Summer season allows you to wear different colors of eyeliner instead of sticking to the usual black or brown hues. Make a great summer statement by choosing aqua turquoise colors that greatly compliments your sun-kissed skin.
- Urban Decay Glide-On eye pencil in Deep End, £1.50
- Barry M Gel Waterproof eyeliner in Turquoise, £5.49
- Avon Supershock Gel eyeliner in Aqua Pop, £6
Images via Pixabay.com
Written by MYC Contributor Jessa Ann Z. GomezSubscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles