Kale, Avocado, Tangerine and Sesame Salad Recipe
Posted in: FOOD
The next best thing to a healthy lifestyle is incorporating some greens into your daily diet. The most effective way to eliminate all of the carbs you digested in the past few weeks is by munching on some greens which are raw, fibrous and healthy. The kale in itself is healthy, but add a bit of avocado, tangerine and sesame seeds into the mix and you get a salad recipe that’s going to evidently change the way you look at greens. See ingredients and method below:
- 3 heaping cups clean and well-chopped kale
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 3 heaping cups clean and well-chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tangerines, peeled and divided into segments
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- In a large bowl, place your kale and drizzle it with some olive oil and a pinch of salt. Massage the oil and salt into the kale and add romaine, tangerines and avocado in the mixture.
- Next, sprinkle your healthy mixture with some black sesame seeds.
- Combine the vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey and pepper inside a small jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake the jar vigorously until the contents are emulsified. (Optional: you can also whisk the ingredients in another bowl until everything is well-combined in case you don’t have a jar).
- Now, drizzle all of the dressing over the kale mixture along with some oranges and avocados. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper for flavor and toss to combine everything.
- Serve and enjoy your greens.
Images & Recipe via Joy the Baker
Written by Elonah Jade BionedaSubscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles