Homemade Clean Granola for Breakfast
Posted in: RECIPE
For a morning meal, replace your highly-processed cereal with something more healthy (but slightly addictive): Clean Granola, anyone? This delightful meal is crunchy in every bite, and is perfect when spilt with milk or munched over yogurt in a parfait. But the best part about eating this granola recipe? It’s detox-friendly. You’re sure to snack in some guilt-free goodness while you’re keeping in check with fitness. See ingredients and method below:
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup puffed millet
- 1/2 cup raw chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup raw chopped pecans
- 1/4cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon maldon (or other coarse sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. To start, preheat the oven to 250 F, then combine the first ten ingredients inside a large bowl.
2. Combine the coconut sugar with 1 tablespoon of water in a small saucepan. Cook the pan in a very low heat until you see the sugar is dissolving (you can stir occasionally, if you must). Make sure you don’t burn the sugar while heating it in the pan.
3. Once sugas has been dissolved properly, turn off the heat and add coconut oil. You can stir the oil using a spatula until it has finally melted.
4. The next step is to add the sugar and oil mixture into the bowl together with the vanilla extract. Once mixture has been combined well, spread them on a large rimmed baking sheet and make an even layer with no gaps. This will ensure good clusters for your granola recipe.
5. Bake your granola recipe for at least 45 minutes. Using a large spatula, turn and mix without breaking up large clusters of your mixture. Extend for another 20 minutes in the oven before allowing it to cool for consumption.
6. Eat to your heart’s content.
MYC Writer: Elonah BionedaSubscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles