Greek Super-Food Salad Recipe
Posted in: Food
This super-food salad will give you a savory taste of the Mediterranean cuisine. It will take you approximately 50 minutes to prepare and cook, but the lag time will make your stomach appreciate the aroma it gives off. Since it's packed with nutrients and vitamin-rich ingredients, this "Greek Super-Food Salad" dish is the perfect dinner option post-exercise. Not to mention it's completely vegetarian-approved and wheat free, too! Get the ingredients ready and see method below:
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yields: Makes 6 Servings
- 4 tbsp barley couscous
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 125 g halloumi cheese
- 40 g quinoa, rinsed
- 120 ml vegetable stock, boiling
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 black olive, pitted and halved
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cucumber
- a handful of fresh parsley
- a handful of mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Peel the cucumber and dice it.
- Chop the mint leaves and parsley. Slice the cheese into thin pieces.
- Preheat your grill on high.
- In salted water, cook your couscous for about 12 minutes.
- Once done, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Soak your cheese and the black olives into water for about 10 minutes.
- Place the cooked quinoa into a bowl.
- Pour stock over the quinoa.
- Add olive oil to it and stir well, let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Now add in the cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, and mint.
- Add in the black olives.
- Add the couscous and the quinoa to the bowl.
- Add in lemon juice, olive oil, only half of the grains and the vegetables.
- Now drain and rinse the cheese well and grill for 3 minutes or until they become crispy.
- Arrange everything nicely into a serving plate and dig it immediately.
Image via Women's Health
Written by MYC Writer Romana S.Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles