Gomae - Japanese Style Spinach Salad Recipe
Posted in: RECIPE
Fancy yourself some Japanese food? You don't have to fly over to Japan to have a taste of their delicious cuisine. Today, we're going to share with you a recipe that's practically easy to make... it will surprise the foodie soul in you. Get ready to serve up this Gomae - Japanese Style Spinach Salad dish to your family or guests; they're going to love it. See ingredients and method below:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Yields: Makes 2 Servings
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- 2tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Boiling water
- 1(120 g) packet spinach, washed
1. In a pan toast the sesame seeds for a minute or until they become brown.
2. Save some of the seeds to garnish while serving.
3. Crush the remaining sesame seeds and arrange into a bowl.
4. Pour water, sugar and soy sauce on top of the sesame seeds.
5. Mix well and set aside for now.
6. For the spinach, in a pot add the boiling water.
7. Add a pinch of salt to it.
8. Throw in the spinach and just boil for a minute.
9. Drain the spinach and pour cold water on top.
10. Take all the moist out of the spinach by squeezing them.
11. Place the spinach into a serving dish and add the sesame seeds dressing on top.
12. Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds on top and serve.
Image: TheScratchArtists | MYC Writer: Romana S.Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles