Chicken Ras el Hanout
Posted in: RECIPE
Looking for a spicy cuisine to try this Wednesday? We suggest you savour the flavourful taste of the Moroccan cuisine by cooking up this "Ras El Hanout Chicken" recipe. The combination of spices in this dish gives off a wonderful aroma that's reminiscent of Morocco. See ingredients and method below:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Yields: Makes 4 Servings
Recipe Type: Main Course
- 4 chicken thighs with bones
- 125ml chicken stock or water
- 80g frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons Ras el Hanout spice blend
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- pinch of salt (to taste)
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled & halved
- 2 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 12 button mushrooms, halved
1. Sprinkle the Ras el Hanout spice blend on top of the chicken thighs and coat well.
2. In a pan heat the olive oil and fry the chicken golden brown from both sides.
3. Stir in the garlic, onion and pour ½ cup of stock to it.
4. Turn the heat to low and cover with lid, cook for about 15 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add in the carrots and cook until they become tender.
7. Add the remaining veggies and stock to the pan.
8. Turn the heat to high and cook for about 10 minutes.
9. Serve hot.
Image: | MYC Writer: Romana S.Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles