Chicken and Leek Pie Recipe
Posted in: RECIPE
It doesn't have to be Thanksgiving to enjoy a good 'ol slice of pie. Our radar beckons that you'll have a treat making this "Chicken and Leek Pie" recipe. Tasty and overwhelmingly savory, this pie encases a delicious filling that's made of chicken and leeks poured with creamy sauce. Now how about that for your lunch or dinner? See ingredients and method below:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Yields: Makes 6-8 Servings
- 1 short-crust pastry sheet
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 2 leeks
- 10g butter
For the Bechamel:
- 25g butter
- 1 Knorr Chicken or Vegetable Stock Pot
- 25g flour
- 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- For the béchamel, combine the butter, stock, milk and flour together. Set aside for now.
- Chop the leeks finely into semi large pieces.
- In a pan melt 10g of butter and fry the leeks for 5 minutes or until they become tender.
- Cut your chicken breast into 3 medium pieces.
- In a pan, add the béchamel sauce and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken pieces and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now add 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and stir for another 5 minutes.
- In a pie dish pour the mixture and add in the leek mixture.
- Take the short-crust pastry sheet and roll it over the pie dish.
- You can add egg wash on top to have a nice golden colour at the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes and serve.
Image & Recipe via Knorr
Written by MYC Writer Romana S.
Edited by Elonah Jade BionedaSubscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles