Arabian Bread Pudding or Umm Ali
Posted in: RECIPE
Weekends are for delicious cuisines such as this "Arabian Bread Pudding", or also known as "Umm Ali". This recipe is relished by Egyptians and Arabians during special occasions like Eid-Ul-Fitr. For Thanksgiving, however, you can take things up a notch by adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top while for an extra treat. See ingredients and method below:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Yields: Makes 4 Servings
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1 (17.25 oz) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 5 cups milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 204C/400F.
2. In a baking sheet add the puff pastry/croissant and bake for about 15 minutes.
3. Take off the oven and let it cool down.
4. In a mixing bowl, break the baked pastry into tiny pieces.
5. Add the coconut, pistachios, vanilla, almonds and nuts.
6. Pour in the milk and mix well using a spoon.
7. Into a baking dish pour in the mixture.
8. Bake for only 5 minutes.
9. Change the oven setting to broil and broil for 2 minutes.
10. Take off the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving. You serve it cold as well.
Image: Onionin | MYC Writer: Romana S.Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles