Amazingly Good Christmas Eggnog For Gatherings
Posted in: RECIPE
Whip up this easy "Christmas Egg Nog" recipe for when family and friends are over this Christmas. This classic drink is a dairy-based serving, with occasional sprinkling of ground cinnamon or nutmeg. It's traditionally one of the most-served drinks all through out Christmas season, so why not make one while you're at it? See ingredients and method below:
3/4 cup superfine sugar
1 pint cognac
1/2 pint rum -- dark rum
1 pint milk
1/2 pint heavy cream nutmeg mug
1. Start off by separating the eggs, putting aside the whites.
2. Beat the egg yolks then add the granulated sugar. Continue strenuously until the sugar is dissolved into the mixture.
3. Pour in the cognac while stirring, then add rum.
4. Stir in the milk and heavy cream.
5. Next, beat the egg whites until they stand without toppling. Fold the whites into the general mixture as you stir in the grated nutmeg.
6. Keep refrigerated until serving.
7. Serve and sprinkle with your choice of topping.
Another option is to go for a non alcoholic egg nog recipe such as this "Berry Egg Nog Punch" which is generally children-approved.
This blush-coloured punch is a fruity spin on the classic egg nog recipe we love. It's a healthy drink which contains low sodium content and is quick and easy to make as well.
Or maybe this "Dairy Free Eggnog" recipe is going to give your family and friends a heavenly milk-fat mouthfeel.
Fun fact? It's dairy-free. According to Butterlust, you could alternately substitute any nut or non-dairy milk such as soy milk, coconut milk or hemp milk instead of using almond milk; the creamier the better. It's going to be a favourite drink for the lactose intolerant this Christmas.
Images: ThePulseMag, RealHousewivesofMN, Butterlust | MYC Writer: Elonah BionedaSubscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles