5 Foods to Detox at Home
Posted in: FOOD
Doing a detox post holidays can be spending more on strange sounding, ‘never heard before’ new foods and products which are found in health stores, while we ignore their very presence in our kitchen on a daily basis mainly because we don't know how to use them. You don't have look into specialist stores to find these everyday ingredients/food items. Many a times people feel hesitant or have their own inhibitions that make them think that detox is a torture. This is a myth. Detox is very important to cleanse the body. We eat various types of food every day and our skin is also exposed to various deterrents during the day.
Food items mentioned below are easily found at home and in grocery stores:
1. Garlic – Most of us have gorged too much on garlic bread over Christmas! Well, you are familiar with the taste of garlic but what you don’t know is that this pungent smelling bulb is one of the best foods for your body. Packed with sulfur, garlic helps to eliminate the toxins from your body. Eating 1-2 bulbs of garlic every morning on an empty stomach is all you need to do. And while this may not sound tempting, but considering how beneficial it is for detoxifying the body; but also in reducing the cholesterol levels of your body.
2. Green Tea – Green Tea is not strange to our ears, some of us drink it on a daily basis, many don't, and some don't drink it correctly. Don’t load it with sweeteners, since it helps to increase the detoxification enzymes and cleans the system. Green tea contains a lot of antioxidants out of which the most important one are the catechins. These help in increasing the liver function and also get rid of all the toxins from the body.
3. Cabbage – Cabbage is known for its diuretic properties. Cabbage is primarily composed of water and it helps to flush out the toxins from the body. Cabbage, like most raw vegetables, contains glutathione, which aids the liver in the process of detoxification. So, the next time you see a cabbage, just prepare a salad and benefit from this green vegetable immensely.
4. Carrots – This protein rich vegetable is packed with oodles of glutathione. Glutathione is the natural protein, which helps the liver in detoxifying. Carrot has innumerable benefits. It contains Vitamins A, C, B6, K and potassium and it is very good for the eyes. Just one glass of carrot juice a day can help to detox the body. You can add a dash of cinnamon and a slice of ginger for added benefits!
5. Walnuts – If you like nuts, then you can detoxify your body by eating walnuts. Walnuts are very rich in omega-3 fatty acids and they also contain glutathione. You can sprinkle some walnuts on your spinach salad and enjoy a great crunchy taste along with a good detox.
When you plan to detox, make sure you cut down on certain foods such as sugars, dairy products, carbohydrates, caffeine and alcohol. This slight modification in your diet will really help to make your detox effective!
MYC Writer: Priyanka AjmaniSubscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles